Sunday, March 23, 2008

On a break

When I first started this blogging thing, the main purpose was to keep friends and family up to date on what I was doing in Mississippi. It was a good thing.

When that adventure ended, I decided to start a new blog since this really amazing online community had sprung up. I've been able to keep in touch with friends who are still on the Gulf Coast and with those who have moved on to new adventures. Plus I've been able to state some things that are on my heart and mind which don't usually surface since I'm not the most talkative person. That has been a good thing.

But this blogging goodness has resulted in some not so good stuff. Lately I've been receiving a few comments on both the Bayou blog and this Selah blog which have been a bit disturbing. I suppose I could limit who can comment by changing the setting so that they require my approval. But even if I do that, these anonymous people can still read what I'm writing and I don't know how I feel about that. Perhaps they're just messing with my head in the same way that some dirty pervs had been on Facebook when they would request to be my friend and send me really crude messages. Later I realized that they were quoting the movie Superbad which has a lot of dirty lines involving the character named Becca.

These blog comments aren't dirty though. They're just disturbing enough to make me want to stop blogging which is what I'm going to do. For now. I'm definitely going to continue reading all the blogs of you cool kids all across the nation because I love to hear what's going on in your life. As for me, I'm going to try and be better about picking up the phone. Email is still good too.

*This blog will still be public for about a week and then I'll restrict access. It was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Bryce Perica said...

Hmm, sad. You could always disable comments, but it sounds like you have thought this over quite a bit. Best of luck to you and indulging in, perhaps, long forgotten forms of communication and expression.

Loved reading.

Bryce