Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It is time to cast your vote

I've decided to search for a second job. I'll only be working 25 hours at the library this summer which means I'm going to have too much free time and not enough money to live on next year as I go back to life on a stipend.

I'm really hoping for a job that I don't care much about and thus won't feel bad when I leave it at the end of the summer. I'm also hoping for a job that is local and that I can ride my bike or walk to. While I sat bored at the library's info desk tonight, I decided to crack open the classified ads and check out my options. I'll put up a poll so ya'll can vote and help me decided. I've listed the pros and cons that I've come up with, so please take them into consideration.

Option 1: Weight room attendant at the rec center.

Pro: Opportunity to check out guys working out
Con: Likely to involve dealing with a lot of sweat. The smell factor is an issue.

Option 2: Milk delivery driver.

Pro: Hours won't interfere with my established schedule at the library.
Con: Requires a drug test before being hired which could be a problem*.

Option 3: Housecleaner

Pro: Good chance I'll be able to practice Spanish with co-workers.
Con: Will probably involve using cleaners with toxic chemicals which aren't so good for my bod or the environment.

Option 4: Burrito Deliverer

Pro: Free burritos
Con: Job involves driving which defeats my plan of using my car as little as possible this summer.

Option 5: Cocktail waitress

Pro: Good tips
Con: Would probably have to wear a mini-skirt type outfit revealing my thunder thighs which would much rather remain hidden.

Option 6: Liquor store cashier

Pro: Booze discount
Con: I can't come up with any. That's probably not a good thing.


So there you have it. Vote early and vote often.


*Seriously? If you don't know that's a joke you probably don't know me at all and thus should not be reading this blog.

2 comments:

Gene said...

Sorry babe, I couldn't pick just one so I chose three. I seriously hope you aren't planning on applying for any of those jobs.

Erin said...

Um, I really don't know how to choose between free booze and free burritos....