Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This is why I run: Frozen Yogurt

I'm not really a runner. I think I've written about that before, but I'm too tired to check through the archives and see. Basically, all you need to know is that I was the girl in middle school who whined on running day in P.E.. Can you blame me? We had a gym teacher who used to chase us in a golf cart around the track, with a flame thrower scorching our hair and chihuahuas nipping at our heels. It was torture and I hated it. It motivated some kids into running, but I wasn't fooled. I didn't want to run even when I was chased by the scary flame throwing, chihuahua yielding gym teacher. 

Now my motivation for running is food. I loves me some food. Basically, I now run so I can eat whatever I want. This is a pretty brilliant plan, because I'm pretty sure there's math involved with weight management: don't put in more calories than you're burning. So when you love food as much as I do, you have to figure out a way to burn some calories. Thus, running. Although in these adventures I've learned that I really do enjoy running and it makes me feel energized. Husband's solution to any ailment is to go running. Got a stomachache? Go run. Think you're coming down with the black lung, Pop? Go run.

Tonight I did something that would make personal trainers cringe. First, I went to an hour long yoga class at my gym. This wasn't easy-peasy-gentle-yoga. This was 90% of the time in downward dog yoga, with some Pigeons and some Crows and some whozywhatsits mixed in between. By the end I felt pretty good and all limber and stuff. Then I went for a run which pretty much undid all that limbering up I just did in Yoga. I had to though, because today starts my half-marathon training plan and I am really trying to stick to it. Never mind that it was still 101ยบ out at 8pm. It was a hot and slow run, but I did it. 

So then, I was a hot mess and really stinky. Which of course means frozen yogurt for dinner was the best decision I could make in that moment. I went to get some from our neighborhood shop. My hot mess self sat in the middle of the Walmart parking lot, in my pretentious Lululemon outfit (I hate how much I love their clothes) and ate me some frozen yogurt. It was a pretty great night. 



Yum.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh man, I wish I was there to eat froyo with you. Not for the running, just the froyo.
Love.