Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vacay

Having wrapped up my chaplain residency, I am now on a 3 week vacation. This was supposed to be a time of rest and reflection over my time as a chaplain, but of course I'm a Weaver and I don't really do vacations well. I've been cracking away at my to-do list, cleaning out closets that have collected junk and drawers that have collected odds and ends. I'm also still doing PRN work as a chaplain, continuing my habit of always having a job (I had to think about the last time I didn't have a job or full time school, and I can't remember when that was...maybe the 2 weeks I went to Colorado after my second year of seminary?).

The thing is, I find that I can't really rest and reflect when I've got clutter on my mind. With all of these to-dos weighing so heavily, I can't sit and ponder the experience I just had, as well as meditate on the next chapter to come. But I will do that. After we take a trip to the Northwest to see some family we haven't seen in way too long.  When I get back, I hope to use this space to help with the processing. Stay tuned.

For now, I look forward to time with family and am saying prayers all week for my many Presbyfriends who are taking the ordination exams on Friday and Saturday. May all that jumbled up stuff we learn in the classroom be well articulated through your keyboard.

Cheers!

No comments: