Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mike "outside the box" Weaver

If you haven't met my dad, shame on you! He's pretty terrific in general, but one thing I especially love about him is the way he thinks outside the box. For example, one time he and I went up Poudre Canyon to cut down a Christmas tree. After hiking around the property for a while we finally spotted one that was "good enough" (meaning we were cold and tired of looking). We drug the tree back to his truck, but realized we were stuck up on a cliff and would have to drag the tree an extra 1/2 mile or so. Rather than exhaust ourselves further, dad came up with a brilliant plan: throw the tree over the cliff and climb down after it. Watching that tree sail over the cliff was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Until it hit the cliff several times losing a few branches. When it finally came to a halt, my dad suggested that we not tell mom about it.

That's one of my favorite Christmas memories.

Right now my dad is working in Del Norte, which is southern Colorado. Here is a picture of what he's been up to:



Yeah, that's a cell tower on his truck. Evidently they would have had to dissemble the crane, haul that up the mountain, put the cell tower on a flatbed trailer, drive it up the mountain and then put everything back together again. My dad suggested putting in on his truck.

Classic Mike Weaver move.

1 comment:

Bryce Perica said...

One of the roughest pictures I've ever seen. I would expect that much from a Weaver.