Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's the New Year! Time for people to make their resolutions, start over, dream big. Lose weight, quit smoking, yadda yadda yadda.

This year I'm not making a resolution, but I am adopting a word. I read an article in the paper about a woman who chose the word "abundance" for her New Year's outlook. I liked that idea and so my word for 2011 is "intentional." I want to be more intentional whether it is with relationships, or my studies, or my space. That third one is where I'm choosing to begin this venture.

I'm in the process of reorganizing my apartment so that the space can be used more intentionally. Right now I am typing on my laptop which is sitting on my dining room table. Next to my laptop is a stack of "to-do" items and next to that are office supplies. I still eat at this table, but I usually have one eye on my food and the other eye on all the stuff I have to get done. After tonight, all that stuff will be on the desk in my bedroom. That is where I will study and work. This table, this wobbly but wonderful table from Ikea is where I will be eating. And hosting others to join me to eat. And putting together puzzles. And playing board games. With all that stuff cleared off my table, the possibilities for intentional time on intentional space will be endless!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Aw. Wish I could come play games on that table with you! Love ya, Bec!!