Monday, April 16, 2012

Burnet Love

The other night I went to a lecture given by Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove about stability and New Monasticism. Wilson-Hartgrove is encouraging people to pursue stability by rooting themselves in a community. The idea is that people invest in a community and stick it out through difficult times, resisting the urge to move on.

I was fascinated by this topic, especially since I've moved around quite a bit in the past 8 years and I'm about to marry a man who has never lived in the same place for more than 3 years. We don't exactly have a history of staying put.

My love owns a house which we will live in once married, but we have no idea how long we'll be there. A lot of that depends on what my job situation is like after my residency. I've been allowing myself to imagine staying put for a while. I created a map of places which are good reasons to stay in the house. These are all establishments that I either frequent regularly, or have been to and enjoyed very much.


View Burnet Love in a larger map

Those are just a few good reasons to stay in Austin.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I love this map! There is a lot of Burnet Love, indeed. I had no idea. Totally worth playing Changing Lanes on Burnet...every time. :)