Friday, August 5, 2011

The Day in Pictures

Today is day 3 in Apartado and we're about to embark on our journey around the Presbytery. Today we head to El Tres (good luck finding that on the map) where we will stay for 6 days. We're not sure if we'll have internet or not, so I thought I would post some pictures of what our time here has looked like.



View of San Jose, Costa Rica. I think this was my 3rd, or maybe 9th flight of the journey. I lost count.





Here's the view from our hotel in Medellin. We stayed in a bustling neighborhood with lots of restaurants and cafes.





My colleague Kelsey and I on the tiny plane flying to Apartado!





Our wonderful apartment in Apartado - a queen sized bed, a bunk bed, couch, table and our own bathroom. Very classy!





We spent the morning yesterday at the private school that is connected to the Presbyterian Church in Apartado. We got to work with three classes, trying to teach them a little bit of English. We taught one class the Noah's Arky Arky song, another the Istanbul Energizer and the third He's Got the Whole World. It was pretty hilarious since we didn't know what we were doing, but thanks to YouTube, I think the kids had fun.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Did they get you a snazzy blue uniform, too? I'm digging the look.