Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year?

2008 has gotten off to a bit of a rough start for me so far.

January 1: front page newspaper article about a lawsuit against my church, our pastor, our presbytery, our synod as well as PC(USA) as a whole. Awesome.

January 2: Somebody ran into my car while it was parked in front of my house last night, causing a boatload of damage and left no note. Double awesome.

I'm optimistic though, and hope that things will get better from here. I respond to all of this with humor and some inspiration from Bryce who came up with an awesome list.

After we've been cleaning out our house for the past week I've stumbled on some bizarre treasures. So here is my list: The Top Ten Things The Weavers Will Be Re-gifting in 2008.

10. A Whopee cushion that doesn't work.


9. A latch-hook rug that I made 10 years ago and is still ugly.


8. Plush peeps. For anyone who loves those nasty marshmallow treats.


7. A pair of really used roller blades. Perfect for that someone who is stuck in the 90's.


6. A miniature grocery cart (or "buggy" as they say in the South). Still not sure why we own this one.


5. A pair of pretty pink shoes. They were for my Halloween costume last year and I'm pretty sure I'll never wear them again.



4. Mardi Gras beads! No, I did not do anything obscene to obtain these.


3. Strange hummingbird statue. Unfortunately we lost the plug that allows the fiber optics to light up.


2. My final project from AP Calculus. This beauty had been hiding in the bottom of my closet for 4 years until Chloe decided it was a chew toy.


1. Pencils with "Becca Weaver" engraved on them. I don't really use pencils anymore so I have no need for them. Now I'll just need to make friends with someone named Becca Weaver and this re-gift will be perfect!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Laughing too hard to type.....

Bryce Perica said...

Front page, really? Rock on.

Great list. Thanks for the props.

Peeps are nasty!!!

Linda said...

i want the buggy!

Rachel L. said...

I'll take the peeps but only if they are stale. No one likes them fresh! hahaha, oh and I need some pencils. If they say Becca Weaver on them, I'll always remember you! :)