Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fun ways to burn calories

I typically don't make New Year's resolutions because I am terrible at following through with them. This year is different. With all the heart drama going on, my doctor recommended that I lose a few pounds before they do more tests which means I kinda really have to do it. I'm treating this like an assignment, same as taking the GRE or turning in monthly reports at work. Let's hope for victory.

I'm keeping a food diary and writing down EVERYTHING I eat as well as all exercise. While looking up calories for food, I stumbled upon a helpful activity calculator:

Calories burned with Walking To and From An Outhouse: 170 calories/hour
(Too bad I no longer live in the PDA camp where I didn't have plumbing hookups in my trailer)

Bird watching: 170 calories/hour
(Boring)

Slimnastics (Jazzercise): 408 calories/hour
(I thought that was an 80's thing)

Sitting in a whirlpool: 68 calories/hour
(Now that's my kind of workout)

Butchering Animals: 400 calories/hour
(Too bad I didn't pursue that career as a butcher)

Sitting in Church: 102 calories/hour
(I should have gone to church today)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Does it say how many calories are burned while watching four seasons of LOST in one sitting? No? You better figure it out because that's what we're doing on Jan. 1st, woman!

Eddie the Wonder Dog said...

Popcorn, my new chow-chow friend down the street, told me that you burn lots of calories playing at the dog park. Wanna come play? Wanna? Wanna?