Sunday, June 26, 2011

Acompañamiento

I've been trying to learn a bit of Spanish in preparation for my time in Colombia. Thankfully my co-accompanier speaks fluently, but I'd like to be able to communicate at least a little bit. I've been doing Rosetta Stone, which is great, but I've had to supplement with other resources to find words and phrases that might be relevant to my time there. Here are a few I'm working on (still haven't figured out how to type accents):

poverty: pobreza

war: guerra

displaced people: las personas desplazadas

corruption: corrupcion

God is good: Dios es bueno

I'll be praying for you: Voy a estar orando por ti.

introvert time: tiempo introvertido

I'm from Texas: Yo soy de Texas.

Yes, Texas is big and somewhat ridiculous: Si, Texas es muey grande y un poco ridiculo.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Creo que va a necessitar esta frase también:

Por favor, llévame al queso.