Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Burrito Goodness

The alarm clock goes off and I spend a brief minute trying to remember what day it is. Tuesday. I don't have class until 1pm. Why am I getting up so early? Oh, right! It's burrito day! This is the day when I make my weekly pilgrimage with a good friend to La Cocina De Consuelo, a hole in the wall restaurant with the best breakfast burritos in Austin. We drive the 2 miles to the restaurant, and are hit with the aroma of freshly made tortillas as we walk in the door. The man behind the counter knows our faces and he almost knows what we're going to order. Perhaps in a few weeks he'll know our "usual." We order at the counter and take a seat, anticipating the deliciousness that is about to hit our taste buds. So much goodness wrapped in that delectable tortilla. We chat about life and school as we scarf down these amazing burritos. Time stands still. Is this heaven on earth? Maybe, just maybe.

Ah, burrito day.

No comments: