Friday, February 24, 2012

I was run-nang!

Tonight I went for a 15 mile run. Now, I don't call myself a runner. If you know me, you know I'm not exactly built for running. I don't have a physique which allows me run like a gazelle. But I love a good challenge. So I'm training for a marathon which will take place in May. My beloved and I will be running together which will make it even more special.

I never thought I'd say that running for 2.5 hours would be fun, but I really enjoyed it today. I ran from our campus to Town Lake, did the loop all the way around the lake and ran back to campus. It was such a lovely mix of city and nature, which kept me focused and entertained.

The interesting thing about running these days is that I don't think about wedding plans. It seems like 70% of my time these days is spent working on wedding plans, but somehow my runs are exempt from that. It is a time when I can just let my mind wander. I can focus on my legs taking one step after another. I can feel my body getting stronger. It is a therapeutic time.

We'll see if I feel the same way once I get up to 17, 18, 20 miles!

No comments: