Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hello my friends

I've debated about whether or not to continue blogging now that I'm done serving in Mississippi, and since you're reading this right now I've obviously decided to continue the hobby. I have really enjoying being part of this blogging community which spans from New Jersey to Mexico to Wisconsin to Oregon and a lot of places in between.

I'm not really sure what this blog is going to look like so I'm just going with the flow. With "Becca in the Bayou" I really tried to focus on the topics of disaster recovery, YAVing and living in a trailer since it was my main form of communication to those who were supporting me for the year. Now that I don't have to confine myself to a topic in particular, I'm a bit freaked out by the freedom! I'm sure there will be a variety of topics: skiing (and pretending like I know how to ski while teaching disabled students how to ski), substitute teaching, Jesus, Longmont, Chloe. I may even talk about nuts, sluts and pervs since sociology is a passion of mine. My main goal is to open up and maybe even be a wee bit vulnerable since I tend to be a closed book.

I few years ago I was in the sticker aisle at Hobby Lobby and overheard a woman talking to her daughter. She was picking out stickers with the intention of planning a certain activity so that she could scrapbook about it. For instance, she picked up California themed stickers and said they should take a trip there. Next she choose stickers of boats and said they should go boating sometime. It seemed so odd to me that she was planning their life around cute stickers. I certainly hope that I don't have to come up with really awesome things to do so that I can blog about it and impress you. Instead I want to blog about life as it happens, the exciting and the mundane alike.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Did you just say sluts? Welcome to blogging freedom Bec. I'm excited.