Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Poo

I realize I have a bit too much time on my hands lately because the most interesting topic on my mind is poo. I realize some people may stop reading there which is totally fine. I happen to be an eight year old trapped in a twenty-two year old body because I still think poo is funny. For those of you still reading, I'll try to not gross you out too much.
So I've been watching a show on BBC America called You Are What You Eat. It is a really great show that teaches people how to take care of themselves and eat better. The first thing the nutritionist (who is a rather intimidating woman) does is lay out a display of all the foods the people eat during the week. It is really scary and puts things into perspective. She then goes on to give them an exam and take a look at the side effects of their nasty eating habits. She examines their tongues, takes a blood sample and examines their poo (the nutritionist calls it "poo" which is why I'm using the term in this post). Normally she leaves it at that, but one episode she actually sat the couple down and made them look at their own poo in the Tupperware containers. It was hilariously disgusting. I admire how bold the Brits are and I don't think you'll see this exercise on The Biggest Loser!
Next topic.
So today I was washing dishes and looked out to see a couple walking by with their dog. To my great disgust, the dog pooped right in our yard and the couple just walked away. To make matters worse, I know the woman from high school and graduated in the same year as her. It really isn't hard to clean up after your dog and I do so twice a day (Chloe has a very healthy digestive system)! The first thing that popped into my mind was all the things I could do to teach them a lesson. As one of the instigators of the peanut butter prank war of 07, I know a thing or two about pranks. Unfortunately the second thing that popped in my head was the old wwjd question. I couldn't really envision Jesus putting the poo in a bag and dropping it in their mailbox. So I guess I did the right thing and cleaned up the poo, dropping it in our own dumpster. Sometimes I wish God would hand out free passes to be bad, even just for a day.

No comments: