Friday, August 22, 2008

Go for the Gold!

Here is what my work life has looked like for the past two weeks:

6:30-8:45 am - go to work at the church...clean some stuff

8:45 am - rush across town to the next job

9:00-10:45 am - babysit cutest 6 month old to ever exist

10:45 am - rush back across town to next job

11:00 am - 5:00 pm work at the library...shelve some books


I've been worried that one of these days I'll get my jobs confused and do the wrong task at the wrong job. Examples of this might include answering the church phone with this greeting: "Longmont Public Library, how may I direct your call?" or by trying to change a patron's diaper at the library. So far I've kept them straight, but I still have a week to go of this madness.

In other news, I've finally discovered my gold medal winning Olympic talent: speed bleeding. I donated blood this morning for the city's blood drive and was amazed when I beat my old record of 3 minutes, 45 seconds. Today I bled a pint in an astounding 3 minutes, 10 seconds. The phlebotomists were all impressed. I think this may be the only talent I have. Now I just have to convince the IOC that it is an Olympic worthy sport.

3 comments:

dosol said...

nice work becca! we used to stop in right in the middle of cross country runs just to pad our times in high school. sounds like you're a natural.

Linda said...

way to bleed! i think i might go with you to visit the IOC... i want to know if they will please add toddler chasing to their events!

Becca said...

I totally think toddler chasing is legitimate!