Sunday, August 31, 2008

Identity thief

I would love to have gone to Obama's acceptance speech last Thursday at Mile High Stadium, but I was like the millions of other folks who watched it on TV at home.

So I thought it was weird when I began getting emails from people asking me how I enjoyed the experience. Then my parents were getting comments from co-workers and friends about how I attended the rally which made them really jealous. To all of this I had to respond with a "WTF?". I thought this was a practical joke like the one Erin sent me with my name as the next presidential candidate. Funny.

It wasn't until someone pointed out that my name was mentioned in a Times-Call article about the DNC events on Thursday that things started to make sense. Not only does this chick share my awesome name, she was also a band geek just like I was in high school. Too weird.

No comments: