Saturday, August 2, 2008

The wedding recap

I'm back and recovering from an amazing time in California for the wedding. The ceremony was incredible and we had a lot of fun. I feel like all we did for three days was eat, drink and be merry! I've posted the pictures on Facebook, so be sure to check 'em out.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029783&l=bb23c&id=73000399

Here are the top ten things I learned while on the trip:

1. If I ever get married, I'm eloping. Even small weddings are A LOT of work.

2. I'm not planning on traveling with my parents and grandpa ever again. It was a rough combination (especially the morning after the ceremony when my grandpa decided to knock on our hotel door and hang out in room at 7am, even though brunch wasn't until 10).

3. West Hollywood is one of the funnest places ever!

4. My dad evidently doesn't approve of my tattoos (as was stated during his toast to the couple, mind you he had several drinks before that speech).

5. Wedding coordinators are the bravest people on earth.

6. Fancy hairdos look amazing in the salon and then not so much once they get blown around in the wind on the beach.

7. You are not allowed to take photos of your wedding party at the Ritz unless your wedding takes place at the Ritz. They get very angry when you do this.

8. The people at the Ritz don't get mad if you call down to the desk and request scissors be brought up to your room. In fact they will deliver them within 2 minutes!

9. After all the fancy food we ate, in the end In-N-Out was my favorite meal of the trip.

10. Some women abuse the samples of Chanel No 5 on display in Macy's. This was discovered while I was having my makeup done and several women come by for a spritz or two (or twenty like one lady who hosed herself down with it).

No comments: