Tuesday, August 26, 2008

That takes ovaries

The DNC is in Denver (just in case you've been living in a cave and haven't heard that it is going on). Denver has been preparing for this for months and it is really exciting to see it all play out this week. I can sense the energy and excitement from 45 miles away.

I still have goosebumps after watching Hilary Clinton's speech tonight. I have to admit that I would have loved to see her take the White House this time around, but had a feeling from the start she wouldn't win it. She was the candidate who had my interests as a priority (health care, education, etc.), not to mention the fact that she is a woman (although I would never vote for a candidate just because they are female). But my reasons for not supporting her this go around had more to do with my country's interests than my own. Sometimes you have to look beyond your own dreams and go with the path that is best for all. I seriously doubt that she would have won against McCain because so many Americans just plain hate her. I couldn't take the risk of seeing the Republicans maintain power for another four years, which is why I've been supporting Obama. I think he'll do a fine job of leading our nation and I have great hopes for our future.

A couple of random things:

Hilary wore an orange pantsuit tonight. I wonder if that color choice has anything to do with Amnesty's project with the Guantanamo cell. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

Bill Clinton seriously looked like he just smoked a Denver Doobie. He is a funny man.

Michelle Obama is one classy lady. I'm so disgusted with the way the media has painted her as an edgy bitch. She isn't some softy who has fake smile plastered all over her, which I respect. I can imagine this whole situation has been very difficult for her and I feel bad that she's had to put her career as a lawyer on hold to support her husband's campaign.

I may owe Professor Warner 5 bucks because he was right when he said there will be a black man in the White House before there will be a woman.

McCain better be shaking in his orthopedic shoes.

No comments: