Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Adventures in housesitting

For the next three weeks I'll be sharing a bed with three guys and a girl. No, it isn't as kinky as it sounds. I'm housesitting for some family friends who have two dogs and two cats, all of whom seem to think it is ok to sleep in the guest bed with me. I've tried to close the door and keep them out, but that only makes them upset and they claw at the door until I open it up. I guess I'll just have to deal.

In other news, there's a creeper in the basement. There are a few construction projects going on at the house which means there are various members of the crew in and out of the house all day. One fella works particularly odd hours as he's here working on the basement bathroom in the evenings only, usually until midnight. At first I was really nervous about being in the house alone with this weirdo, but I noticed he has a boatload of Christian bumper stickers on his car, so I guess he's ok. He pretty much keeps to himself unless he needs to use the bathroom upstairs. Last night I was completely engrossed in an episode of Sex and the City and didn't even notice him come up the stairs. He scared the poo out of me by making a comment about the show and then he made is way down the hall. I'm thinking about tying a bell around his neck so I'll know where he is all the time!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE a world where you can be as creepy as you want as long as you put Christian bumper sitckers on your car....

Also, is this the same fella from the Mitsubishi Eclipse?

I'm just sayin'

Linda said...

i'm not the kind of girl who uses crap like "LOL" but in this instance i am actually laughing out loud!