Monday, June 16, 2008

I guess my PC(USA) diet starts in September

As of today I am working as the part time custodian for our church. I know some of you will be disappointed with this choice, but I'd like to thank you for voting and giving me ideas for jobs (some better than others:) I'm a bit shocked that milk delivery driver came out on top, but I guess it is better than the other options!

This was certainly the easiest job I've ever applied for, although come to think of it, I didn't even apply for it. I had briefly spoked to the full time custodian's daughter about the need for someone to fill in this summer and before I knew it I was told to come in for training a few days later. I have to say that's the first time I've been accepted for a job before I even decided if I wanted to apply or not. I think it will be a decent situation, especially knowing that it is part time and I will be done in August. I had planned on disconnecting from the church for a while in order to get my heart straightened out again and explore other options, but that will just have to wait until the end of summer.

Aaron had warned me that there would be many an awkward conversation while doing this job, and I got my first taste of that this morning. While I was cleaning some bathrooms, a church member came over to chat and wound up telling me all about her post traumatic stress disorder and how it is affecting her son's grades. All the while I'm holding a toilet bowl brush. It was awesome.

No comments: